DUPONT, WA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Car accidents can happen almost anywhere in Dupont. You might be struck in the parking lot of the grocery store or when pulling out of the post office parking lot. Other accidents happen on the road, such as on Interstate 5, where you might be sideswiped or rear-ended. And accidents happen on even the least-traveled roads in and around Dupont.
If you have suffered an injury in a car crash, don’t assume you have no case. Instead, meet with an attorney at Khan Injury Law today. We have ample experience helping injured victims obtain fair settlements for their injuries, and we would be happy to meet with you.
Types of Car Crashes we Handle
Our lawyers have tackled some of the most difficult car accident cases around, which have included:
- Head-on collisions. When a motorist is going the wrong way, they can slam head-to-head with another vehicle. These crashes are often high impact—and deadly. Head-on collisions have many causes, such as intoxicated drivers drifting into oncoming traffic or reckless drivers passing illegally.
- Sideswipes. Two vehicles traveling side by side might collide. These accidents often happen on the freeway when one vehicle tries to merge when there is insufficient space.
- Side-impact collisions. These are “T-bone” accidents that we see regularly in intersections. One vehicle strikes another at a 90-degree angle. The name T-bone comes from the image of two vehicles joined, which form a T.
- Rear-end collisions. One vehicle can slam into the rear of another because the driver is following too closely or refuses to brake in time. These accidents can be minor fender benders in parking lots or major crashes on highways.
- Rollovers. A vehicle can flip over or roll onto its side when something trips it up, such as soft soil on a shoulder. Rollovers are very deadly accidents, and some vehicles are more prone than others.
- Single-vehicle crashes. Not every collision involves two cars. A car might crash when a driver loses control due to a road defect or a defective part on the car.
If you have been involved in one of these accidents, or a different type, please contact Khan Injury Law. We will gladly discuss your legal rights to compensation.
Car Accident Injuries: from Minor to Life-Altering
Our clients have suffered different types of injuries in these collisions, such as:
- Soft-tissue injuries, including sprains, strains, and contusions
- Nerve damage
- Chronic pain
- Fractures, including compound and comminuted fractures
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries, including internal bleeding
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Spinal cord damage
Some injuries are slower to develop following a traumatic accident than others. For example, a person might feel fine immediately following a crash when they are hyped up on adrenaline. As this rush fades, however, the victim soon realizes that their back or neck is hurting. The pain only gets progressively worse as the days pass.
Pay attention to how you feel in the days and weeks following a crash. Go to a doctor if you suspect that anything is wrong with you.
Common Mistakes following Car Accidents
Many people who try to handle their own car accident claims make key errors potentially lead to a loss of money. At our firm, we work closely with our clients to eliminate these mistakes. Doing so increases the odds that our clients can obtain a favorable settlement.
After a crash, remember the following:
- Don’t post about the accident on social media. Anything you say could be used later to minimize your claim. In fact, it’s best to set all social media accounts to private and stop accepting friend requests.
- Avoid giving a recorded statement to the insurance company. They are not entitled to one, no matter what they say. Although you might eventually tell your side of the story, a lawyer can clear up any confusion and prevent an insurance adjuster from dominating the conversation.
- Don’t accept responsibility for the crash. Doing so reduces the chances of a fair settlement.
- Always follow your doctor’s advice. Your doctor wants you to get well, and not following his or her advice can undermine a claim.
- Avoid quickly agreeing to a settlement. No matter how generous it might appear at first blush, many of our clients get much more after they hire us.
Contact Khan Injury Law Today
Another key mistake is trying to settle a claim with a lawyer’s help. Insurance companies have developed techniques for getting injured victims to agree to a settlement that is much too small.
Contact us today. Our lawyers are here and available to discuss your legal rights. Our consultations are always free.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Best law firm in Seattle!! All the staff is very professional and warm. They were always informative and called us right back.