Se Habla Espanol
206.430.6096

Lynnwood Car Accident Attorney

Committed to protecting the legal rights of victims everywhere

WE SPEAK MULTIPLE LANGUAGES

English


language1

Urdu


language2

Spanish


language3

Punjabi


language4

Russian


language5

Mandarin


language6

Vietnamese


language7

Somali


language8

Hindi


language9

Lynnwood Car
Accident Attorney

A car accident often leaves the victims with serious injuries. Even when these injuries are not immediately life-threatening, it may take several weeks or months to fully heal. During this time, the victim may be unable to return to work or live a normal life. When a car accident is the result of negligence, the victims have the right to seek compensation for these injuries. At the Khan Law Firm, PLLC, our attorneys represent car accident victims who need help when it comes to dealing with defense lawyers and insurance companies. We will make every effort to obtain the compensation you are entitled to under the law.

Insurance Is Often Not Enough

Washington State requires all drivers to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance. This includes liability coverage in the event the insured driver causes an accident. Unfortunately, these coverage minimums are not that high with respect to personal injury–just $25,000 per person or $50,000 per accident.

A single car accident’s medical victims and lost income alone can easily exceed $25,000. So even if the negligent driver’s insurance company agrees to settle for the full amount of the policy limits–and that is rarely a given–the victim may still need to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover the full amount of their damages.

Note that Washington is a fault-based state when it comes to car accidents. This means that you are not required to rely on your own insurance coverage when someone else causes an accident. The negligent driver is on the hook for any and all damages you can prove in court.

What If The Negligent Driver Blames Me?

Some car accident victims are reluctant to come forward and pursue a personal injury claim because they believe, perhaps mistakenly, that their own actions contributed to the accident. Even if that is the case, you may still be able to obtain compensation. Personal injury is not an “all-or-nothing” matter in Washington.

Instead, this state follows a “pure comparative fault” rule in personal injury cases. What this means is simple: When a lawsuit goes to court, the judge or jury will apportion fault among all responsible parties. If the plaintiff is found partly to blame, the defendant’s share of the damages is reduced accordingly.

So for example, say you are involved in a two-car accident. At trial, you and the other driver each blame the other for what happened. The jury decides that you suffered a total of $50,000 in damages but that you were also 10 percent at-fault for the accident. The judge would then order the defendant to pay you the remaining 90 percent of your damages, or $45,000.

Free case evaluation

WE ARE HERE
TO HELP

Speak with a Lynnwood Car Accident Attorney Today

You will no doubt have many questions when it comes to dealing with the legal aftermath of a car accident. Lynnwood personal injury lawyer Khalil Khan and his team are here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Free case evaluation

OUR CLIENTS
ARE TALKING

testi-stars

“Aggressively and diligently presented my case.”
-SH

testi-stars

“He cared about me and my case.”
-MA

testi-stars

“Steady and trustworthy advice”
-RP

testi-stars

“I received maximum compesation”
-OM