Monroe Personal Injury Lawyer
Monroe is one of the larger bedroom communities in Snohomish County, with just about 20,000 people calling the city home. A large percentage of people who live in Snohomish commute to Seattle and other surrounding cities, which means that traffic is a common part of life here. In the last two decades, there’s been even more development, too, attracting more residents to the city. At the office of the Khan Injury Law PLLC, our Monroe personal injury attorneys are familiar with your city and the judges and courthouses here. Please call us today for help with your personal injury claim.
What Types of Accidents Warrant a Personal Injury Case?
We know how important it is to have an experienced Monroe personal injury attorney on your side, and we can assist you with many different types of cases. At the Khan Injury Law, we handle a wide variety of personal injury cases in Monroe, Washington, including but not limited to the following:
- Car accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Brain injuries;
- Bus accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Drunk driving injuries;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Wrongful death;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Pedestrian accidents; and
- Slip and fall accidents.
Whether you were injured in a traffic collision or while you were shopping at a retail establishment or visiting a friend, one of our dedicated Monroe personal injury attorneys can speak with you today about your case.
How Will an Attorney Help Me to Prove the Elements of a Personal Injury Case?
If you have been injured, you will need to prove the following four elements of a personal injury case in order to be successful in your claim. Here’s how our law firm will help with each–
- Duty– Most of the time, duty is implied. If it’s not, though, we can prove the existence of a duty of care by opening an investigation and gathering evidence that establishes the relationship between you and the defendant.
- Breach of duty– The second element to prove in a personal injury claim is breach of duty of care, or negligence. To prove this, we can bring in accident reconstruction experts, forensic experts, product design experts, and any other relevant professionals. We will also talk to eyewitnesses, review police reports, travel to the accident scene, and more.
- Causation– Causation means proving that your injuries would not have occurred but for the actions of the other party. Usually, this will require expert opinions, including the opinion of a medical expert.
Damages– We’ll work with financial professionals and your doctors to prove that you have suffered both economic and noneconomic losses.
COMPENSATION AVAILABLE FOR INJURED VICTIMS
- Medical bills;
- The cost of any necessary future long-term care;
- Diminished earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
- Rehabilitation expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Long-term disability;
- Mental anguish or emotional distress;
- Wrongful death.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Timeline for Your Monroe, WA Personal Injury Case
You will only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit if you are injured in or around Monroe, Washington. Under Washington law, most personal injury cases have a three-year statute of limitations. What this means is that you must file a lawsuit within three years from the date of the accident or other incident that gave rise to your claim. If you do not file your lawsuit within that three-year time window, you will have what is known as a time-barred claim. Once a claim is barred because the statute of limitations ran out, you will not be able to obtain compensation by filing a civil lawsuit.
To avoid a situation in which you file your claim too late, you should begin working with an Monroe personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. If you get in touch with the Khan Injury Law soon after your injury, we can begin working on your case and can ensure that your claim is filed in a timely manner.
WE KNOW HOW TO RECOVER DAMAGES
Call Our Monroe Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you have been involved in a personal injury accident in Monroe and you have suffered losses in the form of medical expenses, lost wages, property damage costs, pain and suffering, emotional distress, etc., our Monroe personal injury attorneys at the Khan Injury Law PLLC are here for you. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. Call us today or send us a message telling us more about your case for the help you can trust.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Best law firm in Seattle!! All the staff is very professional and warm. They were always informative and called us right back.