WEST SEATTLE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Located in King County, one of Washington State’s most populous counties, West Seattle is known for its splendid mountain views, seaside parks, and abundance of greenspace and forests. One may be tempted to believe that because of its serene and picturesque landscape that no tragedy can befall a person who lives, works, and/or plays in West Seattle. Sadly, this is not the case: Washington’s 2015 Annual Collision Summary reveals that in one year alone King County experienced over 40,000 traffic collisions, with thousands of them resulting in either injury or death to at least one person. While it is true that other cities and communities in King County contribute to these high numbers, drivers in West Seattle who do not exercise enough care or caution when driving also play a role. Khan Injury Law, PLLC believes that if drivers in West Seattle were to simply exercise a greater deal of caution while driving, the total number of car wrecks in King County would be reduced. In helping injured West Seattle motorists recover compensation through a car crash lawsuit, Khan Injury Law, PLLC also demonstrates its belief that drivers who do choose to operate their cars, trucks, or motorcycles in a careless manner should be the ones to pay for a car crash victim’s expenses and losses. Our car accident lawyers in Seattle are prepared to assist you today in recovering due compensation.
How Serious are Injuries Sustained in a West Seattle Car Crash?
Many drivers in West Seattle and King County have had a “fender bender” – a motor vehicle collision that resulted either in no injuries or damage or only minor damage to the vehicles involved. Because of this, a commonly-held belief among some motorists is that serious, catastrophic injuries can rarely – if ever – come about as the result of a car wreck. Nothing could be further from the truth, however. Even with advances in automotive technology and safety features, severe harm can come about as the result of a West Seattle car wreck. This would include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, which can result in temporary or permanent disability and/or loss of functioning;
- Broken bones (especially arm, leg, and/or rib bones) that can require weeks or months to properly heal, cause significant physical pain and anguish, and limit your mobility and ability to work;
- Spine and neck injuries, which may also include damage to the spinal cord. These injuries may result in paralysis if the spinal cord is severed or extreme pain and loss of movement if the spinal cord is damaged;
- Internal injuries and damage to organs. This type of injury may not be easily diagnosed and/or may not result in any immediately-noticeable signs or symptoms. Without proper medical evaluation, serious harm may result before such an injury can be treated properly.
One of the most important things you can do following a car wreck in West Seattle is to go to the nearest emergency room and ask to be evaluated and treated for your injuries. Even if you do not believe your injuries are serious, you should find time to go to your doctor’s office or local urgent care center for evaluation. Doing so not only helps ensure that any latent or hidden injuries are promptly identified and treated (thereby limiting the amount of harm you suffered), but it is also important in showing that you took reasonable steps following the accident to protect your health (which helps preserve your rights to financial compensation).
OTHER STEPS TO TAKE FOLLOWING A WEST SEATTLE CAR COLLISION
After you have summoned law enforcement and/or emergency medical services to your location, you should concentrate on keeping yourself and your passengers safe. If you can do so safely and without causing further injury to yourself or another person, move to a safe location out of the way of other traffic. As time and your abilities permit, you should also consider:
- Obtaining the name and contact information for other drivers involved in the crash (as well as their insurance information), law enforcement officers who respond to investigate the crash, and eyewitnesses who claim to have witnessed the crash and/or assisted you and others involved after the crash.
- Create a detailed and written statement of how the accident came about. Doing so soon after the accident can help you in remembering important details about the crash when giving statements weeks or months after the accident.
WE KNOW HOW TO RECOVER DAMAGES
Do Not Hesitate to Reach Out to Our Seattle Personal Injury Attorneys for Assistance
Retaining the services of Khan Injury Law, PLLC as soon as possible after your crash can provide you with a knowledgeable and compassionate advocate who can guide you through the steps of your legal recover. Contact the passionate West Seattle car accident lawyers at Khan Injury Law, PLLC by calling (206) 460-1725 or by contacting the firm online and let our firm assist you and your family after a West Seattle car wreck.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Best law firm in Seattle!! All the staff is very professional and warm. They were always informative and called us right back.