Burien Car Accident Lawyer
In addition to getting medical help, the thing that can provide the most comfort and care after a car accident is understanding your legal rights and future options. When a car accident leaves you with serious injuries, knowing what steps to take next is especially important. At the Khan Injury Law, our experienced Burien, WA car accident lawyers care about what your future looks like, and are ready to represent you as you seek the best outcome possible.
Types of Car Accidents
The severity of a car accident usually depends on two things: the speed at which vehicles were traveling at the time of impact, and the type of car accident, which is determined by the positioning of vehicles. Types of car accidents in which our clients have been involved, and in which we have experience investigating, include:
- Head on crashes. Head on crashes are one of the deadliest car accident types, almost always lead to significant injury or death of one of the parties involved. When traveling at high speeds, vehicles involved in a head-on collision are often completely totalled.
- Rear end accidents. Unlike the head on collision, rear end crashes are usually the least severe accident type, but that is not to say that they cannot still leave those involved with injuries. One of the most common injury types in a rear end collision is whiplash, which results from the sudden jerky of the neck back and forth as a result of the collision. However, this is of course not the only accident that a passenger or driver may incur.
- Side swipe collisions. When drivers fail to look before changing lanes, or swerve outside of their own lane mistakenly, the result may be a side swipe collision. The most dangerous thing about this collision type is that it has the potential to lead to another accident – a driver involved in a side swipe collision often overcorrects, leading to their vehicle swerving harshly in the other direction, which could lead to a crash with another car or a rollover.
- T-bone accidents. Another deadly accident type is the T-bone collision, in which one vehicle slams into the side of another, typically at an intersection. Depending upon the angle of impact, and whether or not the crash occurs on the right or left side of the vehicle, injuries to a driver or passenger may be severe. The driver of the vehicle that crashes into the side (damaging their own vehicle head on) may also suffer severe or fatal injuries.
These accident types are just an overview; accidents occur all of the time that do not fit the exact specifications listed above. No matter the type of your accident, though, know that our attorneys will work for you.
Why Car Accidents Happen
Car accidents happen as a result of fault, carelessness, and irresponsible actions. If all drivers exercised the duty of care that they should when operating a motor vehicle in Burien and surrounding areas of Washington, the number of car accidents would be significantly reduced. Common causes of driver error that lead to crashes include:
- Distracted driving;
- Texting or using a cellphone;
- Drunk or impaired driving;
- Aggressive driving;
- Fatigued driving;
- Speeding; and
- Failing to yield.
Car accidents are caused by drivers of all ages and driving experience. While fault is sometimes very obvious, it can also be difficult to determine. Our lawyers will open an investigation into your crash, with the help of our accident reconstruction experts, to determine exactly who is to blame.
We Are Here To Help
Steps to Take Immediately Following a Burien Car Accident
We know that your injuries may be severe enough to prevent you from acting as quickly as you would like to after a car accident. With that in mind, know that the sooner that you take action, the better your chances are of recovering your full damages amount in as little of time as possible. Some steps to take immediately following a Burien, WA car accident are:
- Report your accident to the police. Be sure to report your car accident to the police immediately. As you are waiting for police to arrive, conduct an investigation on your own by taking photos and asking witnesses and the other driver for their information.
- Take care of your injuries. Not only should you seek medical care immediately, but you should also follow your doctor’s order to a T. If you do not follow your doctor’s orders, you risk delaying recovery and harming your chances of recovering the compensation award that you deserve.
- Initiate the claims process. You are obligated to report your car accident to the insurance company in a timely manner; if you fail to do so, your claim may be denied. We recommend initiating the claims process as soon as possible; your insurance company should be one of the first parties that you call after a crash.
We Know How To Recover Damages
We Know How to Help You Get the Money You Deserve
In addition to taking the three steps above, you should also contact an experienced car accident attorney. The job of the car accident lawyers at the Khan Injury Law is to do everything we can to get you the compensation award that fully speaks to the extent of your losses. We do this by:
- Investigating your accident;
- Determining the amount of damages you have suffered;
- Ensuring your claim is filed within the statute of limitations (three years in WA);
- Requesting documents essential for your claim, such as police reports and medical bills;
- Issuing a demand letter to an insurance company;
- Negotiating for your settlement amount; and
- Filing a lawsuit and taking your case to court when need be.
We know that you have a lot of questions. We promise that we will answer all of your questions accurately, and provide you with superior legal representation throughout the claims process. In addition to our experience and knowledge of the law, the thing that sets our attorneys apart from others in Burien is our compassion. We truly care about our clients, and want to achieve the best for you. Schedule your free consultation with our law offices to learn more today.