Burlington Car Accident Lawyer
Located just about halfway between Seattle and Vancouver, Burlington, Washington is a great place for those who want to escape the daily hustle and bustle of the big city, but still want access to it. Indeed, commuting is made possible by major thoroughfares like I-5. In Burlington, one will find all of the charm that comes with a small town, including an annual Berry Dairy Days festival. While the population of this town may be small (about 8,400 people) and traffic isn’t really a thing, car accidents do sometimes happen. If you have been involved in a car accident, our Burlington car accident attorneys at the Khan Injury Law PLLC can help. Call us today to learn more about how we can support you during this difficult time.
Injuries from Car Accidents
Injuries from a car accident may change your life. While the lucky walk away with minor scrapes and bruises, those who are involved in more serious accidents may suffer injuries that forever change the course of their life. Some of the most common injury types suffered in car accidents in Auburn include:
- Broken bones. When pressure is placed on bones, or bones are suddenly forced into unnatural and awkward positions, they can fracture, or may even break completely. Bone injuries have the potential to be debilitating, and may require surgery to repair.
- Internal injuries. Whether from puncture or force, the internal organs may be damaged in a car accident. This can lead to internal bleeding and long-term damage, which may be life threatening.
- Head, face, and traumatic brain injuries. In a car accident, a person’s head and face are very vulnerable. When an airbag explodes, the face may be severely affected, resulting in broken bones, laceration, and bruising. If the person is not wearing a seatbelt, or if an object hits their head, they may also suffer a traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury can affect cognition, emotion, and motor skills, leaving an affected person and their family with serious questions about what the future will look like.
- Spine and spinal cord injuries. Another very serious injury type is an injury to the spine or spinal cord. The spinal column, which is comprised of vertebrae, protects the spinal column. The spinal column is the collection of nerves that allows your brain to communicate with the rest of the body, providing for movement and sensation. When the spinal cord is impacted, the result may be permanent paralysis.
If you are in a car accident, we know how serious the damage might be. If you have suffered any of these injury types listed above, or any other injury, we can help you seek compensation.
Services Offered By Our Burlington Car Accident Attorneys
Our Burlington car accident attorneys want to make sure that you have the support you need when you have been involved in a serious crash and are navigating the claims process. We offer the following services:
- Free case evaluation. We know that working with an attorney isn’t always an obvious choice. To help you make the decision, we can provide you with a free case evaluation where we review the facts of your case and make a recommendation about how to best proceed. It’s important to know that if you do hire us, we always work on a contingency fee basis.
- Car accident investigation. We will investigate your car accident to determine what happened and who’s at fault. This includes traveling to the scene of the accident, reviewing the car accident report, talking to eyewitnesses, and more.
- Expert recruitment. Often, bringing in experts to work on a car accident claim is important. We can hire accident reconstruction experts, forensic specialists, and more to help us determine what happened and who should be held responsible. Experts can also help us to calculate your damages, too.
- Case filing and building. Once we have the evidence we need, we’ll organize it into a compelling case and file your claim. We will handle all paperwork and documentation associated with your case.
- Claims negotiation. After you file your case, the insurance company will likely approach you with a settlement offer. We will review this settlement and, if it does not fairly compensate you, enter into the negotiation process.
- More. In addition to the above, we will calculate your damages, represent you in conversations with the insurance adjusters, and remain available and accessible throughout the whole process. You can trust us to put you first.
Damages You Can Recover In A Car Accident Claim
More than injuries alone, when you are involved in a car accident, you lose a lot. We believe that you should be able to recover every penny’s worth of damages that you suffer. We help you to calculate the value of your claim, and then work hard on your behalf. Examples of damages that may be available in your car accident claim include:
- Medical expenses. Clearly, you deserve to be compensated for any medical expenses that you incur. This includes costs of an ambulance transfer, emergency room services, hospital stays, visits with doctors or specialists, physical therapy, medication, surgery, and any other healthcare related costs.
- Lost wages. If you are seriously injured, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to return to work immediately. If you are unable to work, you may suffer lost wages. Sometimes, you may be able to return to work indefinitely, meaning that you lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of the next decade or more. We determine precisely how much you have suffered – and will suffer in the future – in lost wages and benefits.
- Pain and suffering. Losses in a car accident are not purely economic; they are often intangible, too. At the Khan Injury Law, we know that placing a number of the value of your pain and suffering is tough, and that no amount of money can truly compensate you for what you are going through. That being said, seeking damages for pain and suffering can provide you with financial support moving forward.
- Property damage. If your vehicle has been totaled in a car accident, or if you have lost any other property in the crash, you can seek compensation for the full value of these losses.
In fact, you have the right to seek compensation for all of your economic and noneconomic losses. If a car accident results in death, surviving family members can seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of guidance and consortium, and more.
We Are Here To Help
How Our Attorneys Help You
Our attorneys are here to help you maximize your compensation amount, and provide you with the support that you are looking for after a crash. While we cannot promise a settlement, we can promise to do everything we can on your behalf, including taking your case to court if settlement cannot be reached. Our attorneys help you by:
- Beginning your case with a free consultation where we can learn about your crash, and answer any questions that you may have;
- Investigating your case, including interviewing witnesses and collecting testimony from the at-fault party;
- Valuating your claim and sending a demand letter to the insurance adjuster;
- Negotiating with an insurance adjuster; and
- Representing you in a car accident lawsuit if necessary.
Call Our Burlington, WA Car Accident Lawyers Today
Being in a car accident can be terrifying, especially if you suffer serious injuries and economic losses. At the Khan Injury Law PLLC, we know what you’re going through. For your free consultation with our experienced Burlington car accident lawyers, please call us today or request your free consultation online. We are here for you.
We Know How To Recover Damages
We Have the Experience You Are Looking for
We know that you are looking for an attorney who has a history of success. At the Khan Injury Law, our Burlington, WA car accident lawyers:
- Have successfully represented dozens of clients involved in car accidents throughout Washington;
- Speak multiple languages;
- Have been practicing law for more than a decade (and even more when considering combined experience); and
- Have trial experience.
We know how to work hard for you both in and out of the courtroom, and will always put your needs first. A consultation with our team is always free, so please contact us today to schedule yours.