Oak Harbor Car Accident Attorney
Named for the oak trees throughout the city’s parameters, as well as the fact that it is indeed located on the water, Oak Harbor is Whidbey Island’s largest incorporated city. Within Oak Harbor, one will find outdoor recreation activities, plenty of natural beauty, and a historic downtown that’s as full of restaurants and shops as is its charm.
While Oak Harbor may have a small-town feel, it’s a place that regularly attracts tourists and traffic. And with major roads like WA-20 running through it, it’s no wonder that car accidents happen here. If you have been in a car accident, our Oak Harbor car accident attorneys at the Khan Injury Law LLC are here to help. Call today to learn more about your rights.
Your Rights After a Car Accident
When you have been involved in a car accident–especially one that is caused by the negligence of another party–you have legal rights. These rights include, but are not limited to:
- The right to medical care. If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to get medical care immediately. Even if you don’t have health insurance, it is your right to receive care for your injuries. Do not hesitate to go to the hospital.
- The right to be compensated in full for your losses. Car accidents can result in catastrophic losses, including disabling injuries, high medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You have a right to be compensated for all of your losses in full if the other party was to blame.
- The right to work with an attorney. While there is no legal obligation to work with an attorney during the claims process, doing so is a protected right and is strongly recommended. Working with an attorney could significantly improve the outcome of your case.
- The right to reject a settlement offer. Sensing your desperation and your need to receive a settlement, the insurance company may try to lowball your first settlement offer. You are under no obligation to accept a settlement offer and maintain the right to negotiate for a settlement that is fair.
- The right to file a lawsuit. If the other party was to blame and a fair settlement cannot be reached, you have the right to bring forth a lawsuit for damages, so long as you do so within the statute of limitations in Oak Harbor, which is three years from the date of your accident.
Don’t Sacrifice Your Rights–Take Action Today
If you have been injured in a car accident and someone else’s negligence was the cause of your crash, don’t hesitate to take action. By seeking medical care, reporting your accident to the insurance company, and calling an attorney, you’re preserving your right to damages.
At the office of the Khan Injury Law PLLC, our experienced Oak Harbor car accident attorneys are passionate about protecting the rights of our clients. To learn more about how we can help you after a crash, please call us directly or send us a message at your convenience. We offer free consultations.