SeaTac Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycling has always been popular for fun, exercise, and enjoying the outdoors in SeaTac, WA, but it has also recently become all the rage as a mode of transportation. More residents are biking to and from work, and for personal errands, especially as the city makes lanes safer and more accessible. However, with this increase in riding comes a heightened risk of bicycle accidents. Victims have little chance to escape serious bodily harm when up against larger, heavier vehicles, so they can suffer serious or life-threatening injuries.
Fortunately, Washington State law allows you to recover compensation as the victim of a bicycle accident. The key to obtaining the highest available amount is retaining a knowledgeable attorney to represent your interests. At Khan Injury Law, PLLC, our SeaTac, WA bicycle accident lawyers have assisted many clients with filing a claim, negotiating with an insurance company, and in court. We are here to serve you, so please contact our office to schedule a free consultation. You may also find it useful to review some general information on these types of cases.
Trust a SeaTac, WA Bicycle Accident Lawyer to Fight for Your Rights
Bicycle accidents usually happen due to driver negligence, which means there are certain elements you must establish to enforce your right to compensation under Washington State law. There are four, so you must show that:
- The responsible driver had a duty to safely operate his or her vehicle, so as to avoid causing an unreasonable risk of harm to others;
- The other driver breached this legal duty by engaging in careless acts or misconduct;
- You were injured in an accident that was directly caused by the breach; and,
- You suffered losses due to your injuries.
The first element is relatively straightforward, as all motorists on SeaTac, WA roads are required to comply with the rules of the road and drive safely. The other elements can be tricky in terms of proof, so it is critical have an experienced attorney to investigate, gather evidence, develop a solid legal strategy, and engage in other tasks as necessary to protect your rights. At Khan Injury Law, PLLC, we rely on our in-house support staff, as well as other professionals who assist our bicycle accident lawyers. For instance:
- We consult with professional investigators to assess the scene of the accident, track down witnesses, and provide related services;
- Our attorneys partner with medical experts to show the level of loss you sustain as a result of your injuries; and,
- We work with accident reconstruction specialists who are specially trained in physics and related sciences, so we can show fault on behalf of the responsible driver.