Spokane Car Accident Attorney
Full of culture, art, outdoor recreation activities, entertainment, dining, and more, it’s no wonder that so many people choose to call Spokane home. At the Khan Injury Law, our attorneys and staff live and work in Spokane and the surrounding areas, and can provide you with legal representation if you’ve been in a Spokane crash. We know how devastating a serious car accident is and how confused you may be about your rights and options. If you’ve been injured, don’t hesitate to call our law firm for the support and guidance you need. Our Spokane car accident lawyers are available to speak with you today.
Injuries from a Car Accident
When cars collide, injuries to any occupants of those vehicles have the potential to be serious, especially if the vehicles are traveling at high speeds. While injuries vary depending on numerous factors, common injuries from a car accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. If the head is hit during a crash, or if the head is shaken or whipped back and forth, the brain may be damaged. A traumatic brain injury can lead to long-term injuries and consequences.
- Spinal cord injuries. One of the most extreme and tragic injuries that a person could suffer in a crash is a spinal cord injury. If the spinal cord is impacted, the brain’s ability to communicate with the rest of the body is disrupted, resulting in partial or complete paralysis from the injury site downwards.
- Injuries to extremities. Injuries to extremities might include, but are not limited to, bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, crush/amputation injuries, and lacerations and bruises.
- Internal injuries. Internal organs may be hit with force or punctured by an object or bone (i.e. a fractured rib). Internal injuries can be fatal when severe.
The above injury types, and others, are often very expensive to treat, disabling, and painful. This means that a car accident victim may incur high medical costs, lost wages, property damage costs, and pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Advice When Filing a Car Accident Claim
If you are filing a car accident claim, knowing best practices for dealing with insurance adjusters can go a long way. Tips when filing include:
- Never admit fault. If you’ve been in a crash, don’t admit fault! This can result in a diminishment of your settlement offer.
- Don’t go on record. Do not give a recorded statement unless you’ve talked to your attorney first.
- Have evidence ready. Always have evidence to support your claim, including allegations of fault and the extent of your injuries, ready to present.
- Always review a settlement thoroughly. Review your settlement and know that often, first settlement offers are lowballed. If a settlement seems unfair, talk to your attorney.
- Work with an attorney. While you don’t have to work with a lawyer, doing so is highly advised. An attorney will represent your best interests and work hard to get you a fair settlement.
Protect Your Rights With Help from a Spokane Car Accident Attorney
To learn more about what to do after a car accident, call our Spokane car accident lawyers at the office of the Khan Injury Law directly today. We are here to support you!