Vancouver Car Accident Attorney
For those who live in Vancouver, the quick commute to Portland can be a major benefit for those working in the big city, but living in the smaller, quieter one. However, even those who live and work in Vancouver are likely to drive often, whether to reach one of the incredible outdoor recreation spots, travel to school or Washington State University, Vancouver, or head to the Downtown Vancouver Arts District for a night out. Indeed, traveling by car is a common part of life for many of us.
But while cars are necessary for many things, they can also be dangerous. Car accidents are a leading cause of injury. At the office of the Khan Injury Law, our Vancouver car accident attorneys can represent you if you’ve been in a crash. Call our lawyers directly for support today.
Fault in a Car Accident and Damages Recoverable
Car accidents can lead to serious injuries, including but not limited to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), internal injuries, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, crush and amputation injuries, soft tissue injuries, and more. These injuries can be temporarily or permanently disabling, lead to high medical bills, cause pain and suffering, and prevent a person from being able to return to work and earn a living. As such, a car accident victim may suffer a large amount of both economic and noneconomic damages.
A car accident victim maintains the right to recover compensation for the full value of their losses, including compensation for medical expenses, property damage costs, lost wages, pain, suffering, and emotional distress. The party who caused the accident is the party responsible for paying for these damages. Liability is based on fault in Washington.
How Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
When you have been in a serious crash, you need a committed attorney on your side. Not only may you not have the legal knowledge necessary to successfully navigate the claims process, but your injuries may preclude you from doing so. When you work with our Vancouver car accident lawyers, we’ll help you by:
- Investigating your claim, including talking to eyewitnesses, acquiring the police report, tracking down vehicle electronic control module data, determining whether any video footage of the accident exists, traveling to the accident scene, hiring accident reconstruction experts, and more.
- Making a determination about fault and liability after analyzing the evidence that’s collected and talking with experts.
- Filing a demand letter against the insurance policy of the at-fault party that requests compensation for the full amount of damages that you’ve suffered.
- Reviewing a settlement offer and rejecting it on your behalf if it doesn’t fully compensate you.
- Negotiate your settlement and file a lawsuit and bring your case to court if a settlement cannot be reached.
Call Our Vancouver Car Accident Lawyer Today
When you’re in a crash, life may feel scary and hopeless. But you are not alone. At the Khan Injury Law, our Vancouver car accident lawyers are here to help. Please call us or send us a message today to schedule your free consultation and learn how we can help you.