Yakima Car Accident Attorney
Known for its apple orchards and wineries, Yakima is often perceived as an idyllic place to live. And with many natural areas, lush greenery, and a location along the Yakima River, in many ways, it is. But just like other places, Yakima sees its fair share of motor vehicle traffic, especially US-12. While traffic may be an inevitable part of life, being involved in a serious accident caused by the negligence of another party is not. If you’ve been injured in a crash, call our Yakima car accident lawyers at the law office of the Khan Injury Law today for a free consultation.
Your Rights After a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be a terrifying experience, especially if the crash leaves you with serious injuries. Those who have been involved in serious crashes may suffer debilitating and permanently disabling injuries, high medical expenses, property damage costs, lost wages and a loss of earning capacity, and psychological injuries. You deserve to be compensated in full for your losses.
Because Washington is an at-fault car insurance state, you have three options for recovering compensation after a crash in which another driver is at fault:
- You can file a claim directly against the at-fault driver’s liability insurance, which is required in the state of Washington.
- You can file a claim against your own insurance if you have certain coverage types, such as Personal Injury Protection coverage or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- You can file a lawsuit directly against the at-fault driver.
Usually, the first step in recovering damages is to file a claim against the other party’s insurance. If that is unsuccessful, an attorney can guide you in what steps to take next.
Important Evidence in a Car Accident Claim
In order to maximize your settlement and improve your chances of recovering what you’re owed, you’ll need compelling evidence. Types of evidence that are essential in a car accident claim include:
- Police reports;
- Photographs of the accident scene, the vehicles, and your injuries;
- Eyewitnesses’ testimonies;
- Physical evidence collected at the scene;
- Vehicle electronic control module data;
- Drivers’ testimonies;
- Cellphone logs (in some cases); and
- Any video footage of the accident.
When you work with the Khan Injury Law, you can count on our Yakima car accident attorneys to travel to the scene of the accident as soon as we hear from you, and to handle all elements of the investigative process, including hiring accident reconstruction and other experts.
Call Our Yakima Car Accident Attorneys Today
At the Khan Injury Law, our Yakima car accident lawyers know how much is on the line when you have been seriously injured in a crash, and we know how much getting a settlement that fairly compensates you can shape your future. If you have been in a crash, or if a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a crash, do not hesitate to call our Yakima car accident lawyers at the Khan Injury Law. Reach us today for a free consultation.