ROY, WA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Washington Car Accident Attorney Representing Injured Plaintiffs in Roy
Car accidents happen much too often in Washington State, and they occur more often than they should in and around Roy, Washington when motorists are traveling between Tacoma and Olympia. Motor vehicle collisions often result from another driver’s negligence. When another driver is at fault, it is important to begin working with a Roy, WA car accident lawyer to determine whether you should file a first-party or third-party auto insurance claim. While the initial step in seeking compensation typically involves filing an auto insurance claim, our personal injury attorneys will see your case through. If it is necessary to file a car accident lawsuit in order to obtain the compensation you deserve, we are prepared to take your case to court.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with the Khan Injury Law PLLC to learn more about how we can assist with your Roy, WA car accident case.
Common Types of Injuries in Roy Car Crash Claims
Motor vehicle collisions can cause a wide variety of injuries. The severity of injuries from a car crash can also range widely, with some people sustaining minor injuries and other sustaining injuries that result in long-term disabilities. Hundreds of traffic collisions in Washington State lead to fatal injuries every year, with car accident victims succumbing to injuries from crashes. The following are some of the common types of injuries in Roy car crash claims:
- Whiplash, which the Mayo Clinic describes as a “forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip”;
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs);
- Back injuries;
- Neck injuries beyond whiplash;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions and other forms of mild head trauma;
- Facial injuries and disfigurement;
- Broken bones or fractures;
- Internal bleeding, which can result from organ damage; and
Whiplash is a type of injury that occurs frequently in rear-end car crashes when one vehicle collides forcefully with the vehicle in front of it. Many motor vehicle collisions also result in psychological injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
Frequent Causes of Roy, WA Car Accidents
Auto accidents in Roy can have a variety of causes. In many crashes, human error is to blame. To be clear, another driver made a mistake or acted carelessly on the road, causing a collision. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites some of the following as common causes of car accidents across the country:
- Reckless or aggressive driving, which may include speeding, tailgating, and weaving between traffic;
- Distracted driving, which often includes behaviors such as texting or talking on a cell phone while driving but can also involve other distracting behaviors such as eating or changing the music in the car;
- Drowsy driving, which is also known as fatigued driving, and can occur anytime a motorist does not get enough sleep to adequately focus on the task of driving;
- Intoxicated driving, which includes driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- Defective automobile or auto parts, such as defective brakes or airbags;
- Dangerous road conditions; and
- Inclement or dangerous weather.
Even when poor road conditions or limited visibility during a nighttime car accident seem to be the cause of a collision, it is important to speak with a Washington car accident lawyer about whether another driver was at fault. When road conditions are poor, drivers have a duty to behave reasonably under road conditions. As such, if someone fails to slow down when there is low visibility, that driver may be at fault for an accident that could have been avoided if she or he had slowed down enough to prevent the crash as a reasonable driver would have.
Roy, WA Car Accident Statute of Limitations
Under Washington State law, most car accidents in Roy must be filed within three years from the date of the accident. The statute of limitations has very few exceptions. Accordingly, anyone who has been injured in a crash should plan to speak with a Roy car crash lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that they file a claim in a timely manner.
Contact a Roy, WA Car Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love sustained serious injuries in a car crash in or around Roy, Washington, it is extremely important to learn more about your options for seeking financial compensation. One of the dedicated Roy, WA car accident attorneys at our firm can speak with you today about your options for filing a claim. Contact the Khan Injury Law PLLC to learn more about the services we provide to residents of Washington and visitors to the state.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Best law firm in Seattle!! All the staff is very professional and warm. They were always informative and called us right back.